We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogwoods

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United States
Level Contributor
53 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Dogwoods

Hi

I have never been to Yosemite in May and was hoping to see the dogwoods in bloom. Will be there the 12-14. Anyone know if they will be blooming then?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,014 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogwoods

Yesterday marmot1995 posted:

"And I think (if nature stays on track) you might see the dogwood trees in bloom in Yosemite Valley" in reference to a May 16-18 visit. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k44494… Keep reading other forum threads to glean tidbits of information.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogwoods

Generally the dogwoods always make an appearance right around Mother's Day weekend. Fingers crossed. It's warm this week so maybe.

California
Level Contributor
666 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dogwoods

Some, but not all, of the dogwoods around Curry Village were blooming yesterday.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dogwoods

As mentioned above, they are just starting to peek out. There should still be some around for your visit.

United States
Level Contributor
53 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dogwoods

Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear! Very excited for our visit and that is just one part I was looking forward to. Hope the warm weather is working magic on the waterfalls too!

California
Level Contributor
666 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dogwoods

Don't worry about being disappointed by the waterfalls. They are roaring!

7. Re: Dogwoods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 18:16