We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hopeful news-Tioga!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Hopeful news-Tioga!

According to a response on the Yosemite NP facebook page:

" Unless something strange happens, we expect the road to be open by July 1"

Good news for those of us banking on July 1ST!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

That answer was 5 hours ago to a question specific to a Jul 1 - 3 visit. If you look at a reply 2 hours ago the answer is a Mid June opening:

"Yosemite National Park Our best guess right now is mid June if the weather warms up..."

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

I did not see that...that is even better!

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

July 1st does not sound very hopeful for those that have plans for June in the high country. We just don't have much real information at this point, but I believe we will very soon.....stand by.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,731 posts
5,485 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

Here is an article in the LA Times today

latimes.com/news/…

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

Be sure to watch the video on that LA Times link. Helps clarify just a little bit of what's going on up there.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

Today they opened Tioga Pass for bicycle use all the way to Olmstead Point. You can not travel past this point, as there is still avalanche danger. This is a great time to go if you are a serious bike rider. They may be a few service vehicles on the road, but other than that you have the entire road.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

My post above is not clear at all. What I meant to say is that from the west end of Hwy 120 you can ride a bicycle all the way to Olmstead Point. You can not travel over Tioga Pass. If you are bicycle riding from the east side of Tioga Pass, it is open to Tuolumne Meadows.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

That would be so cool to do - provided I started training like a year ago! ;)

9. Re: Hopeful news-Tioga!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 14:19