Thank you very much for all the replies to my last question about a Yosemite trip in May. . . which made us decide that early JUNE would be more desirable option.
After much discussion and work juggling, we've managed to change trip to beginning of June -- I don't want to miss out on hiking (though we will stick to shorter hikes -- have ordered a book on Best Easy Day Hikes -- yes, we are flatland wimps). My husband's focus is on full-on photography (especially the waterfalls), so we may devote certain days entirely to that.
(New itinerary includes flying into Sacramento, which we were able to manage by flying out of a different airport.)
1. Sat. June 2 arrive Sacramento and stay in Merced (Marriott Courtyard) on way to Yosemite
2. Stay at Ahwahnee Sun June 3-6 (3 nights) - have reservations
3. Stay *possibly* at Tenaya Lodge June 6-9 or 10 (3 nights) - no reservations yet
4. Drive the 4 hrs. Sat a.m. June 9 and depart from Sacramento
1. Does this open the possibilities for hiking and passable roads for us?
2. Any ideas of other places to stay closer within the park? We'd prefer an actual quaint cabin, BUT it is imperative to have WiFi and phone service (to connect with our business), which some of the cabin locations don't seem to have. (Would also love a hot-tub if possible, and/OR a gas fireplace to make it worth it!)
3. Is the Tenaya that bad (some mixed reviews). . . and is it close enough to some other areas besides Mariposa Grove to make it worth it for 3 nights?
Thanks much for advice! (I'm reading the trip reports in the meantime to glean more tips. . .)