We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bears at night inn Yosemite.

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weatherford, Texas...
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bears at night inn Yosemite.

I very much enjoy the night air and stars. i"ll be going to Yosemite in early July, what kind of precautions should I take against/for the bears?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,886 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bears at night inn Yosemite.

Read the info about bears in the Top Questions in the upper right.

Don't walk around the campground or Curry Village, and you probably won't see any bears. I don't know of any precautions you would need to take. They aren't looking for people; they're looking for food that was left out.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bears at night inn Yosemite.

As a camper who has had bears in my campground even, the bears in the sierra are not really dangerous., We clap our hands or flip fops or pots & pans & they run off. Sometimes we just watch them walk by. They really are not at all interested ijn you. When you walk around at night in Yosemite in early July you'll hardly be alone either.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,246 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bears at night inn Yosemite.

"We clap our hands or flip fops or pots & pans & they run off."

Or sometimes they just look at you like "why are you being so loud?" and continue with what they were doing :)

4. Re: Bears at night inn Yosemite.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 10:22