We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
camping at Yosemite

Hi,

We will be coming from San Francisco and travel with an RV to the Tioga pass and plan to spend 3 nights in Yosemite (family with 3 boys ages 7, 12 and 14). I would really appreciate if anyone has advice if it would be a good idea to spend the first 2 nights at the Wawona campground so that we can visit Mariposa Grove/Glacier point and then one nights at the Tuolumne meadows so that we are a bit closer to the pass (or visa versa - 1 day at Wawona and 2 at Tuolumne meadows?).

many thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,312 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping at Yosemite

Mid August

Coming from the RV depot near SFO

Headed toward Bryce

--- correct so far? (I perused your Road Trips thread for these details.)

I think one night in the Wawona Campground and two nights in Tuolumne Meadows would be good. You'll only have limited time in Yosemite Valley en route from Wawona to Tuolumne Meadows, but August is so crowded you might not be bothered by having just limited time.

Where are you spending the first night with the RV? I hope you are not trying to get to the Wawona Campground from the RV place after picking it up. You need to get supplies and such.

2. Re: camping at Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:25
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park