We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porters in Yosemite valley....

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weatherford, Texas...
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Porters in Yosemite valley....

My pack that I carry all of the photographic gear in weights close to 40 pounds. Although I can carry it, is there a porter service in the valley to lug stuff around? I would only require them for the bigger climbs (upper Yosemite, Panorama and North Dome), three days at most. I will have car and drive simi-close to the trail heads.

Thanks.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porters in Yosemite valley....

I don't know of any such service at those trails. On the High Sierra Loop trails, there are mules that carry gear from one site to the other, but that is the only situation like that that I know about.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,932 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porters in Yosemite valley....

I have never heard of anything like this, but it's possible someone who works for DNC (the concessionaire for Yosemite) will have a day off and would be happy to take a 'side job' of carrying your gear on a hike. I just don't know how you'd find someone.

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porters in Yosemite valley....

Hello Paul, Try John of www.Yexplore.com I have heard of him performing "sherpa" duties for some of his guided hikes. Have a great trip!

4. Re: Porters in Yosemite valley....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:42