We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain Pass openings

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Mountain Pass openings

…sfgate.com/stienstra/…

Sounds good for the tourists

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain Pass openings

I drove over Ebbitts Pass (hwy 4) on Thursday, just a few hours after it opened. It is beautiful in the high country, but I was surprised at the lack of snow at the over 8,000 ft. elevation. Tioga Pass will be the that last to open, and it should not take them long to clear the road after what I saw on Thursday.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
60 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain Pass openings

That does not sound promising for waterfall viewing - even in early July.... :(

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mountain Pass openings

I flew to Denver on Tuesday and thought there was very little snow visible in the Sierra.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mountain Pass openings

Poster # 2 True not great for the waterfalls but is good for the May/June vacationers wanting to cross the mountains.

LA
Level Contributor
10,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mountain Pass openings

And even worse for forest fires and the animals later in the summer.

Bad news, really.

6. Re: Mountain Pass openings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:18