We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent

mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Urgent

i am in yosemite and its amazing. i needed a quick advice : should i skip the mariposa grove in favor of muir woods that we can do when we are in SF. it will give us some extra time in yisemite before we head out to monterey....hoping someone is onlne....

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,625 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent

Mariposa groves have sequoias whereas Muir woods has coastal redwoods. They are both not the same. Yes they are trees and groves of trees but they are different. Hard to say if you should drop one for the other. We love Mariposa groves . You will NOT see the same grove in both places

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent

I enjoyed the coastal redwoods (what you'll see in Muir Woods), but at ground level I didn't find them as awe-inspiring as giant sequoias (what you'll see in the Mariposa Grove). Coastal redwoods: very, very tall, can be wide around but not necessarily. Sequoias: *massive* trunks, beautiful cinnamon-colored bark, can also be very tall.

Unless you are really, really pressed for time, I wouldn't miss it.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent

Lots of folks visit Mariposa Grove on their exit day and then head out the South Entrance / Hwy 41 to their next destination. It's not a difficult drive.

4. Re: Urgent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 22:39
5. Re: Urgent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 05:16