We have Crane Flat Campground July 30 and 31 and a Family Room at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls for Aug 1. We are a couple 50's semi-active no huge hikes under 3mi rt! Questions...
1. Leaving Lee Vining/June Lake area in morning on July 30. Picnic lunch Tuolumne Meadow area. We like to set up camp by about 3-4pm. Are Tuolumne Grove sequoias better to see in the morning or evening? We can go this night or in the morning.
2. Glacier Point the next day should this be early morning or afternoon? Mostly taking photos but maybe a shortish hike.
3. Mountain Room or Ahwahnee for dinner? Seems Mountain Room gets better reviews on Yelp and after a few nights of camping, real dining may be needed, lol!
4. Wawona Lodge, are the restrooms fairly close to the rooms? I don't mind the shared bath idea but don't want to have to walk like you do in a campground! I'm still debating on whether we want to stay there or head somewhere else.
5. What waterfalls will still be flowing late July/early August? I know not many!
Thanks. I've read top questions, googled, etc just need some ideas on these ????