We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

ontario
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

What is the best short hike in the Tuolumne Meadows area? Under 2 hours in total.Thank you.

LA
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

Soda Springs/ Parsons Cabin

Lyell Canyon / Twin Bridges

Dog Lake

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

Pothole Dome--walk up, walk to the end, walk down by the Tuolomne River and bear back right to pick up the path back to the road. (From the road it looks sort of steep but as you start the path and bear left around the end of the dome, you'll see that it becomes much gentler.) Fabulous views.

May Lake is another possibility. I think its prettier than Dog Lake but that's just my opinion.

LA
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

May Lake is a steeper / harder trail than Dog Lake. It's pretty, but it can be more of an effort to get there and back and I don't think you can do it in 2 hours.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

Dog Lake is actually slightly farther than May Lake (2.8 miles v. 2.5 according to yosemitehikes.com but May Lake is steeper, that's true. Unfortunately both would be a little rushed in 2 hours.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,357 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

I'm not the OP, but thanks for this information. We will be in Yosemite late July with 2 nights at Tuolumne Meadows CG!

ontario
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

Thank you for your ideas.I will keep them in mind when we take our trip.We will be driving from Mariposa to Lee Vining,and then back again to Jamestown.That's quite a bit of driving,I know,so it will just depend on how early a start we get.It will be our first trip there,so i will be pulling over quite a bit to see all the sights along the way.A shorter walk to maybe the Twin Bridges will probably work for us,we'll see.Thanks again.

7. Re: Tuolumne Meadows short hike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park