We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation and Parking?

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation and Parking?

I will be visiting the Park on Thursday 15th with the family entering over Tioga Pass. Given that I intend to use the shuttle around the village and am staying at Yosemite Lodge that night where should I park the rental car?

Presumably there's also a case of arriving as early as one can, which could prove a challenge as we are travelling down from Tahoe?

Thanks for any advice!

Mentioned in this post
Tioga Pass
Tioga Pass
997 Reviews
Yosemite National Park, CA
Yosemite Valley Lodge
Yosemite Valley Lodge
4,023 Reviews
Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation and Parking?

I'm assuming you mean Yosemite Lodge at the Falls in the Valley and not Yosemite View Lodge at El Portal. In which case, there is parking at the Lodge:

Parking

Parking is provided on the premises for Yosemite Lodge at the Falls guests. Day use parking is provided in the Yosemite Village area with easy access to the free Valley Shuttle.

yosemitepark.com/yosemite-lodge-guest-servic…

I don't know whether there is enough parking for all or if there is an element of "first come first served". I had a look at some reviews hoping to find mention of parking but it wasn't really mentioned. Hopefully that's because it's not an issue (I'm sure people would mention it [read: whinge] if there was a significant shortage). Hopefully someone with personal experience can tell you for sure.

Mentioned in this post
Yosemite Valley Lodge
Yosemite Valley Lodge
4,023 Reviews
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
4,199 Reviews
El Portal, CA
El Portal
El Portal
California
Yosemite Village
Yosemite Village
447 Reviews
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,218 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation and Parking?

There should be parking at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls. Signs say it's just for guests, but sometimes others park there.

Yosemite Village is just a shopping / Visitor Center area about a mile from Yosemite Lodge at the Falls. The free shuttle will loop you around several miles of Yosemite Valley. Map: nps.gov/yose/…valleyshuttle.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Yosemite Valley Lodge
Yosemite Valley Lodge
4,023 Reviews
Yosemite Village
Yosemite Village
447 Reviews
Yosemite Valley
Yosemite Valley
5,760 Reviews
Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation and Parking?

Thanks.

Yes it is Yosemite Lodge at the Falls. Can I park there from say 10am though even though check in isn't until 5pm or shoud I fight for a spot in the Daily Use facility?

Like most folk I'm keen to make sure we get maximum value out of our first visit to Yosemite and want to be aware of potential problems. And parking seems like it might be one!

Mentioned in this post
Yosemite Valley Lodge
Yosemite Valley Lodge
4,023 Reviews
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,218 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation and Parking?

If it were my trip, I'd park at the hotel.

You're planning to check in later, so that's the logical thing to do.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation and Parking?

Are you planning to make any stops on Tioga Rd en route to the Lodge from the East?

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation and Parking?

Yes, Tuolomne Meadows is a plan, as is Olmsted Point and Tenaya Lake. That's why I'm concerned with a later arrival in Yosemite village itself.

In light of comments above we'll probably visit the Tioga Road sights on the way in and go straight to the hotel which may be getting on for the middle of the afternoon anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Tenaya Lake
Tenaya Lake
264 Reviews
Yosemite Village
Yosemite Village
447 Reviews
Tioga Road
Tioga Road
297 Reviews
Lee Vining, CA
7. Re: Transportation and Parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:18