We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite june 2014

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Yosemite june 2014

Hi there,

We are planning. Honeymoon road trip through California for early June 2014. Yosemite is at the top of our list for places to go and see but I am worried from reading other posts about all accommodation being booked up to a year in advance within the park. We are in no position to even book flights yet let alone accommodation and we don't have a route planned but think we will spend a couple days in Yosemite around 15th June. Can anyone advise me and maybe put my mid at rest? Thanks so much in advance!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,888 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite june 2014

Hi

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Yes, lodging for June began booking last June. Yes, some of the lodging options in the Valley are probably already fully reserved but there are still options available now. If you wait a few months, there will be fewer & fewer options.

How about working with folks on the California state forum to set your itinerary? If end up with two or three possible itineraries, figure out when you're likely to be in Yosemite and make reservations. If you book with the official concessionaire, you can cancel your reservations without any penalty. (If you book with some 3rd party companies, you might pay a 10% fee for every change!)

For example, maybe one option has you in Yosemite June 10, 11 and 12. Another option has you in Yosemite June 14, 15, and 16. So make a reservation from the 10th - 16th. Continue to work on your itinerary to figure out what might be best for you. When you decide, cancel the the nights you don't need.

In my opinion, one of the best ways to gather information is to use the relevant Top Questions & Trip Ideas on the right side of each forum page (visible on the full TripAdvisor website.) The ones here will help describe lodging, past trip reports, possible itineraries, and so on.

Here is the state forum. Read those Top Q & Trip Ideas as well. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor…

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,104 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yosemite june 2014

I am looking at booking lodging early to mid June next year and there are options right now. I have found there are more places available on the weekends then mid week right now! Get your dates planned and book something. Right now I'm seeing Curry Village Cabins with shared bath, Yosemite Lodge has a few rooms and Wawona. Ahwahnee is very expensive and has lots of space right now. Keep checking.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Yosemite june 2014

As CasaAzul says, the Ahwahnee is very expensive, but as this is your honeymoon, if you can swing a couple of nights there, it's worth it. Beautiful and historic and in one of the most beautiful spots on the planet.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yosemite june 2014

I'd put Yosemite Lodge as second choice. Camp Curry with central building with toilets and showers on yor honeymoon? Really depends on you. Friends of mine, years ago, went backpacking on your honeymoon. The Wawona hotel is quieter and could be romantic, IF you have your own bath (not all rooms do), but is an hour from Yosemite Valley (close to redwoods).

Guntersville...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yosemite june 2014

I've already booked the Yosemite Lodge for June 3 & 4 of 2014 and I booked in June of this year. I'm glad that I booked early because the month of June 2014 is already booked up. Good luck with finding anything inside the park at this point. We're staying in the Kings Canyon & Sequoia area for 2 nights as well and I noticed that area is already mostly booked up as well.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yosemite june 2014

Yosemite during the summer season (beginning in May and lasting through September) is very crowded and it is very difficult to get lodgings. Were you mainly interested in hotel-type accommodations within the park?

There are two in Yosemite Valley: the Ahwahnee Hotel (maybe US$400-$600 per night) and Yosemite Lodge (maybe US$200-$300 per night). There is also the Wawona Hotel (located in the park about one hour's drive from Yosemite Valley)

There are also more rustic tent cabins in Curry Village. These runa about $140 and up (depending on whether you get a breakfast package). These are available for June 15, and you may really enjoy this experience.

7. Re: Yosemite june 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 07:15