I will be travelling to California with my girlfriend from 5-24 May 2104, including LA, Vegas, San Diego and San Francisco. I have only booked my flights from and back to Belfast and am happy to leave the majority of the remaining booking until a lot closer to the time. However we are looking to make the trip from SF to Yosemite to spend a night around the 15/16th and this is where i dont want to wait having read how quickly it books up. The prices for Yosemite Lodge at the falls are £50/60 more than we would normally look to pay per night but as we only have a short time i would prefer to stay in the valley. But also my girlfriend doesnt like the thought of camping at curry village. Basically im just wondering if prices will drop or simply book up so is it worthwhile paying this now and cancelling if we find something better or can we stay outside the valley and still make the most of our time? I do like the thought of being right bang in the middle of the natural environment of the valley, especially near the falls in May, but having never been i dont know how much different it is than outside the valley?
Apologies for the long windedness for such a small question in the end!