We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanks for all the wonderful info!!

ne okla
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
thanks for all the wonderful info!!

Heading toward Yosemite from Oklahoma tomorrow via Tahoe, 2 days June lake then 3 days Yosemite, then 2 days Convict lake then home. Second visit to Yosemite. First time to see sight along Tioga pass and Glacier point. So excited!!

Wanted to say thanks for the great information provided here. Makes planning your trip much easier!!

Janie

LA
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: thanks for all the wonderful info!!

You should be monitoring the status of the looming governmental shutdown.

If the Congress cannot reconcile the issues, you will not be able to stay inside the park, nor access it by road.

LA
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: thanks for all the wonderful info!!

Sadly, it gets ugly if there is a government shutdown.

doi.gov/shutdown/…NPS-contingency-plan.pdf

ne okla
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thanks for all the wonderful info!!

Yes, I have been watching. :-( Saw on facebook their contingency plan. Our first visit to yosemite was late May 2010 and Tioga pass and GP were still closed. Experiencing those two areas were the main reason for our trip this time. Keeping fingers crossed that government gets their act together....

LA
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: thanks for all the wonderful info!!

So am I, jag15. So am I.

5. Re: thanks for all the wonderful info!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 06:24