We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights visiting Yosemite

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights visiting Yosemite

My husband and myself will be visiting Yosemite in June 2014. If I can not get lodging within the park which entrance gate would best to find lodging that is closest to park attractions? We know that we may have to drive some distance to get to the park but the less of a drive the better and a scenic drive even better. Any suggestions to where to stay will be helpful too.

Thanks

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights visiting Yosemite

Have you checked for vacancies and know there aren't any, or are you saying you want to wait and are wondering what to do if there aren't still vacancies? IMHO, best area would be near the west entrance, Hwy. 140 Town of El Portal, for example. There have been many posts about cabins and other properties available within the park (on private land). Check top questions above to the right on this page, and do a search on West Yosemite.

http://www.yosemitepark.com/lodging.aspx

Edited: 04 October 2013, 14:52
Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights visiting Yosemite

What part of June are you visiting? I ask because if it's later, it might be worthwhile splitting between two areas (if you can't get in park lodging) if you're planning four nights in the park. For instance two nights in El Portal and two nights in Lee Vining. Earlier June though that's risky because we never quite know when Tioga Road will open.

Remember also that if you can't find lodging inside the park now, it can be worthwhile to keep am eye on in park reservations as people often cancel. Perhaps book and outside alternative with a clear cancellation policy, and then keep an eye on the in park lodging.

Happy planning!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,293 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 nights visiting Yosemite

Hi

All the lodging options are described in articles linked to the Top Questions. I think that condos or cabins in Yosemite West (not WestYosemite) are the best 2nd choice option, and for some folks that's a first choice location.

A map is included with the lodging article, but I think it's linked to the NPS website (which is down.) This map may help with locations: yosemite.ca.us/maps/yosemite_national_park_o… The private property option of Foresta isn't on this map but is located near the "h" in the word "Arch" (Arch Rock Entrance)

Also read the Top Questions for ideas of what to do (in the Trip Reports) and read the Trip Ideas. We've worked hard to fill those two sections with info that is relevant to visitors.

4. Re: 4 nights visiting Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park