We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

After 6 or 7 years of failure in the lottery ( I have lost count) we got our choice in the first round this year!!!!! One night each at May Lake and Glen Aulin. Yosemite high country, here we come!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,861 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

Yay! It's about time. Now we just need to order up a perfect winter & spring to prepare the high country for you.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

Congratulations !! Have a great trip and we will hope for great weather and awesome hikes. (I am jealous.)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

Nice. Must be awesome to be able to eat those kind of meals in the backcountry instead of Pasta Roni and oatmeal! (I kid; I love eating that stuff when backpacking).

Seattle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

I've done many a meal on freeze-dried backpacking food, including 6 weeks in the Sierras on and around the John Muir trail back when one did not need permits and reservations. Now, in our late 60's, we still are strong hikers but love the opportunity to get into the backcountry without carrying a heavy pack. So we love the HSC's. The food in nice ( fresh instead of freeze - dried) and the bed off the ground is nice, but the best part is the camaraderie and friends you make in the camps. It is always great. Normally we have to wait and cobble something together from the extra space they post later, so it is nice to have it all sorted early and we can go ahead and make our summer plans now.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
21,945 posts
5,139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

Congrats and happy holidays

we've enjoyed this area and you will too.

Just remember your bug repellant!

Seattle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

Bug repellent, check! We like the Lemon Eucalyptus kind. Or wearing a "bugs-Off" shirt. I hate DEET!

Hopefully they won't be bad in late July.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

Congrats!

8. Re: High Sierra Camp Lottery--- we scored!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:19