We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
11 posts
Save Topic
Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

I was wondering if anyone had experience with both of these beds for a comparison. Seeing as cooking and campfires are allowed in housekeeping I think it's a better option for my group (4 adult males: 2 fathers 64, 50ish, 2 sons both 26).

I just haven't been able to find much information on the bed situation in Housekeeping camp. Curry village I saw pictures and we're all more than fine with that sleeping arrangement. This will actually be our "comfort" portion of the trip as far as sleeping goes since half the trip we will be backpacking.

Per the description of the "Custom Camping - Family Tent" we will receive a queen and two twin "foam mattresses" to sleep on. Are these similar to the sleeping arrangement in Curry Village, or are they more like your standard foam pad you would sleep on while backpacking?

Any info, especially pictures, are greatly appreciated

Philadelphia...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

I was apparently confused and looking at two different websites for two different things previously. The information for the "Custom Camping - Family Tent" was for Evergreen Lodge, not Housekeeping Camp.

That being said, any notable differences between Housekeeping Camp and Curry Village? Am I correct in assuming we can cook over our rings in Housekeeping Camp? (Within the hours of 5pm and 10pm per regulations anyway?)

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,044 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

HKC is basically tent camping with the tent provided for you. Yes you can cook on the fire rings. We usually bring a camp stove too. The beds I recall are rustic. You should be fine since you have backpacking gear. Go on the review section here in TA to see. We usually car camp and sleep in our truck at one of the Pines but visit another family who loves HKC when we do family trips.

The Curry tents sre very close to each other. Bathrooms can be far and you can't cook. I stayed here once and would never ever again. Would rather camp.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 16:46
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,044 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

Here is the TA review page for HKC including photos. I guess the beds are better than I remember but probably dirtier than Curry since it is more exposed. Again you should fine since you backpack but there are people who go and were expecting motel quality.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g61000-d248049-…

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

At HKC, the double beds have a metal bedframe with a rather thick, hard mattress on top - definitely a lot more than a foam camping pad. The bunks are metal with springs and thinner mattresses, about half as thick as on the double beds. They are ok, not lux, but more substantial than sleeping pads.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

Cv has pillows and sheets for mattresses. Bring your sheets or sleeping bag and pillow for HKC.

On the plus side, HKC has outlets while CV tents didn't have them.

HKC is more pleasant experience IMO if you don't mind bringing your own sheets.

6. Re: Curry Village vs. Housekeeping Camp: Beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 05:18