We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Yosemite/Tahoe in November???

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Yosemite/Tahoe in November???

We are considering our honeymoon from UK to USA beginning of November. We are outdoor folk and love hiking, cycling, kayaking but I have never skied. We were looking at hiring a car in San Francisco and driving to Yosemite first for four nights then South Tahoe for a further four nights. Not knowing this area at all and with no manoeuvring on dates we are a little worried about the time of year/weather/chains on tyres/road closures limiting our accessibility through park on limited time and also given its our honeymoon if this part of the world kind of ticks that box in some way too without the stereotypical honeymoon so to speak. Never used trip advisor for this before so really just looking for advice from more folk in the know - would 4 nights in Yosemite and south Tahoe be relaxing enough? Many thanks in advance :-)

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Yosemite/Tahoe in November???

I would think that 4 nights in Yosemite would be just fine. It is possible the high country (Tioga Pass) will be closed due to snow and you may be limited to the Yosemite Valley area. There should still be hiking available, but prepare for cold nights. I am not sure if the bike rental places will still be open, but maybe someone else knows that answer (I always bring my own bike). I think Yosemite is a great place for a honeymoon as that is what I did (many years ago).

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Yosemite/Tahoe in November???

Thank you so much CaSwede for your comments on both my posts - the planning is such fun. We are thinking now just Yosemite for a week to completely relax and take the weather as we find it - being Scottish we are used to the cold!!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Yosemite/Tahoe in November???

According to marmot, bicycle rentals opened back up recently because the weather is so warm.

Vicky T ~ be sure to check out the Top Questions on the right side of the page for lodging & activity ideas. Maybe a cabin rental, if it's in the budget?

4. Re: Honeymoon in Yosemite/Tahoe in November???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park