We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping reservations question

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
688 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Camping reservations question

We're planning on attempting to secure a campsite in Upper Pines for the middle of June. There will be 4 of us ready to go at 7:00 am on Feb. 15, but what I wondered about was whether it would be best for us all to go for one site or if we should each go for 4 different sites. My feeling is that if you try for 4 different sites your chances of getting a site are better.

Also, does anyone know if you can be logged into Recreation.gov more than once under the same username?

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,941 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping reservations question

I think so but if you do it on the same computer the browser may get confused if your cookies are set a certain way. I think I have used a laptop and iPad at the same time without problems. Good luck!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
688 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping reservations question

Our plan is to use 4 separate computers and I'm hoping they can all be logged into the reservation website under my account.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,886 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping reservations question

Can you try it now? Go through all the steps of booking, but just don't purchase the reservations. (There are quite a few campsites available in the winter!)

Best chance question ~ I agree with you. I think you'd have a better chance if you each chose a different campsite to try to reserve.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
378 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping reservations question

Two years ago several of us tried for specific sites and we were all unsuccessful. Meanwhile my teenage daughter left the site box blank (just entered campground, dates and # of days) hit enter, then quickly went from the "Site List" tab to the "Date Range Availability" tab and saw the available sites (at this stage available sites are at the top of the list) and got one into the cart. This was the only reservation we were able to get that March 15th. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that in our experience going for a specific site may decrease your odds, especially for the "best" sites.

5. Re: Camping reservations question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:31