We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jogging stroller accessible trails

Level Contributor
318 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Jogging stroller accessible trails

We will be in Yosemite mid April with little ones. We will be using a jogging stroller for some of the trails we hope! What trails would accommodate? Would we be sorry if we didn't purchase a child carry back pack? Thank you

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jogging stroller accessible trails

Pretty much all paved trails that are wheelchair accessible should be fine. You can check the YNP website. Can't link on the phone easily for you. Off the top of my head:

The Valley loop, to the bottom of Lower Yosemite Falls, Mirror Lake/Meadow, maybe bottom of first bridge of Vernal Falls, the short walk to bottom of Bridal Veil Falls, and edge of Glacier Point.

The only trails you will need a carrier are the ones going up/down valley like top of Mist Trail and Upper Yosemite Falls and Panoramic and 4 Mile.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
347 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jogging stroller accessible trails

Where will you be visiting in Yosemite? A lot of places are paved and a jogging stroller will work fine. You may find a backpack carrier is easier however. We brought both and only used our backpack carrier and Ergo carrier. Our 9 month old was often in the Ergo carrier but also the backpack carrier. When our 3 year old would get tired we would put him in the backpack carrier. Our five year old walked.

You might want to check out the trip report I wrote last year as I mention places we went where a stroller would work….

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k65686…

Level Contributor
318 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jogging stroller accessible trails

We have not yet mapped it out in terms of where/what - our littles will be 19 months - so it is really good to know that there are good sites for the strollers - thank you very much for the good info. Both of you!!

I just want to be sure we won't regret buying packs, and if we don't have to spend the money to buy while not missing out on any major 'to do' then it seems like we should be ok?

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jogging stroller accessible trails

Just depends on how strenuous you want to go. We had a 13 mo and 2y in our group this summer. We borrowed a hiking pack but never used it. The kids stayed in strollers and were carried by arms or in the soft carrier like Ergo.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jogging stroller accessible trails

The major trails on the valley floor are all paved... and stroller friendly... the trail beyond Happy Isles to the bridge overlooking Vernal Falls is paved but probably not suitable for a stroller...

Having the option of a good kid pack would be good...

Enjoy your stay...

Randy

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,661 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jogging stroller accessible trails

Here is the info about Accessibility (trails appropriate for a wheelchair) tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c156159

7. Re: Jogging stroller accessible trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18