We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel path from SFO to Foresta in Yosemite

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United States
Level Contributor
31 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Best travel path from SFO to Foresta in Yosemite

Don't know if the San Fran forum would be better suited for this question, but my family is coming out to Yosemite (house booked in Foresta for 4 nights the last week of May). I'd like to fly in to SFO, stay overnight, get up the next morning, drive out to Muir Beach so I can actually say I saw the Pacific Ocean, and then drive to Yosemite. Is this drive too much for one day?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel path from SFO to Foresta in Yosemite

Muir Beach is not exactly on your way to Yosemite, as it is north across the Golden Gate Bridge and on a kind of winding road. If all you want to do is see the Pacific Ocean, why don't you just drop by Ocean Beach in the city on your way?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,128 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel path from SFO to Foresta in Yosemite

I think there is no reason to have duplicate posts on tne same issue. -- creates too much confusion IMHO See Puters and my response in the other post.

3. Re: Best travel path from SFO to Foresta in Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 07:20