We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin in the woods ....

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin in the woods ....

Hi ... absolute Yosemite novice here. We are traveling across the US and want to meet up with friends for a few days in Yosemite around Sept-Oct. My absolute would be a character filled traditional cabin type accommodation within the park.

Is this possible? I have been googling and am getting confused as to what is and isn't IN the park. Can anyone tell me names of areas we can search or is there a way of knowing what to look for?

Thanks in advance.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
65,351 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin in the woods ....

The Top Questions on the right side of the page has detailed information about the 3 private property locations inside the Park gates that have cabins. Read that info first, and definitely look at one of the map links.

Foresta ~ open meadow, closest to Valley, closest to Tuolumne Meadows

Yosemite West ~ highest elevation, wooded, 25 min from Valley, closest to Glacier Point

Wawona ~ regular small community, 45 min from Valley, closest to Mariposa Grove

Then there are cabins outside the gates.

You'll have to check each listing to see if the cabin is "character filled" or "traditional."

2. Re: Cabin in the woods ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 07:18