We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Wolf in June

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
White Wolf in June

I just reserved a tent cabin at WW for the last week of June. The site stated it was open mid-June "weather permitting". We've has such a crappy winter(at least here) I wondered if it could really be closed. Should I keep a back-up reservation?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,920 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Wolf in June

The crappy winter in California is a warm dry one. I think that White Wolf might open early.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Wolf in June

But just to keep you happy, it can be quite cold at night, so be sure to bring mittens, hat, fleeces and waterresistant jacket. Oh, and a whole bunch of rain, PLEASE

Atlanta area
Level Contributor
695 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Wolf in June

"Could" it be closed? You're talking about predicting weather 3 months in advance, anything is possible. But, things right now definitely are tracking for it to be open well before then.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White Wolf in June

Thanks. Of course, who knows what weather will do, but I just wasn't sure what California has been like this winter. If I could send rain I would! I'll hang on to my back-up for a while longer, just in case.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
229 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White Wolf in June

Hi Roxanne, I am in a similar position. We are booked in WW for the 25th-28th June (maybe we'll see you there!), so it is obviously a risk. But from what I can tell, curry village cabins are still available for the whole of the summer, only with the exception of memorial day weekend. So I have resisted the temptation to make a back up reservation as the availability of CV is so good if it does turn out to be closed. If Tioga is still not open by the end of May then I will probably book at CV too, to be on the safe side.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White Wolf in June

I'm returning to WW around your timeframe and don't worry for a minute that it will be closed. In fact the reverse may happen and WW and TM may open earlier. WW only accepts reservations for certain dates where it is reasonably certain Tioga Road is open because they know if you have a confirmed prepaid deposit, they are obligated to find you alternative lodging just to keep customers happy. The warning also helps set customer expectations just in case.

I was at WW couple years ago in mid June and they were open.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 15:47
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White Wolf in June

Glacier Pt Rd is opening and i expect Tioga Road to open relatively soon so it looks like WW will be open as scheduled June 13th and services will probably open earlier.

This is an opportunity for late reservations at TM if lodging opens earlier than expected and open reservation slots get released. For example, i see reservations available for June 13 at WW. And availabilty at TM week of June 6

LA
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: White Wolf in June

WW never seems to open before TM.

They have to bring the work crews in ahead of schedule and that takes money.

9. Re: White Wolf in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park