We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Cancellation Fees

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camping Cancellation Fees

I have booked a site in Upper Pines, but think I would prefer a site in North Pines as we are only in tents and Upper Pines seems to be RVs. I have 10 minutes to decide as I have a reservation on hold there. Any advice please?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Cancellation Fees

North Pines is closer to the stables so some people don't quite like the scent. Upper Pines for the most part is very pleasant.

Both North Pines and Upper Pines if I remember right allow RVs.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,535 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping Cancellation Fees

If you book both and cancel one later, it's a $10 fee.

Yes, both campgrounds allow RVs. There are specific sites that are big enough for RVs but tent campers can use any site (even the ones with a space big enough for an RV.)

Photos: http://yosemitecampsites.com/

-----------

I'm amazed at how slowly the campsites are being reserved. After 1 hr 45 min of reservations, there are still RV sites left for the holiday weekend.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping Cancellation Fees

Well, I guess I panicked a bit because i had been nervously anticipating this booking day, and as a result I booked both. The $10 cancellation fee seemed worth it to allow me time to choose my preference.

So the Upper Pines site is a tent only nonelectric site 199, and the Lower Pines site is 519. The link to the photos is a good idea PNWF. It looks like the Lower Pines site is basically next to the toilets (which could be seen as good or bad!!). The Upper Pines site could potentially be surrounded by RVs, but I guess not necessarily. If there are any other Pros and Cons you could share they would be appreciated.

Just glad I've got a site, to be honest!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
17,989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping Cancellation Fees

I think we were at 195 or 197 last year, with the rest of the group at 201 or so. We generally like that last loop because you can cut across the back around 208 to Happy Isles. I think we're nearby again this year.

Don't fuss about the RVs. There are everywhere. Yosemite does not have tent only loops like at Yellowstone.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 20:07
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,535 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping Cancellation Fees

Hmmm. It looks like you got two good campsites.

Upper Pines map nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/upperpines.htm I like the idea of "blank" space behind you, but I don't know what it really looks like. Just woods? The YosemiteCampsites link makes this one look good. Here is another photo campsitephotos.com/campground/Upper-Pines/ph…

If you booked 519, I think you mean North Pines. That looks like a great location across the campground road from the Merced River. nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/northpines.htm But it looks like the adjacent campsite is set up for a long RV. The NPS supplied photo is better than the YosemiteCampsites one. This photo is okay: campsitephotos.com/campground/North-Pines/ph…

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping Cancellation Fees

Thanks for your comments, and the photos look fine. I'm sure now that either site will be good, and am pleased that I was able to get something today.

I was lucky enough to get half dome permits too, so everything is falling in to place for this section of my California road trip!!

7. Re: Camping Cancellation Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:16