We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curry village

Salem, Utah
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Curry village

We (me, my husband and 3 kids) will be staying at curry village in the canvas tents in June for 2 nights. I'm wondering if there are swim towels provided for the pool or if we need to bring our own.

Also, I know we need to store all food in the bear lockers. I was planning on bringing our own food for breakfast, lunches,etc. just wondering if that is feasible. Are there places in curry village to eat your own food? Prepare sandwiches? Would appreciate any info. Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curry village

>> Are there places in curry village to eat your own food? Prepare sandwiches? <<

Should be okay. There is a common seating area (bench table, bench seats) outside the "Gift Shop" (convenient store). You can eat your own food there. And, if needed, buy some cold drinks or ice cream or other snacks from the gift shop.

This picture is taken outside the Pizza Patio, I think. But the seating design and environment are very similar.

yosemitepark.com/curry-village-restaurants.a…

Curry Village map:

www.yosemite.ca.us/maps/curry_village_map.jpg

Salem, Utah
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curry village

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curry village

It used to be a pain as the bear lockers were away from the tents by the parking lot. but they have built the lockers right by the tents so it is a lot more convenient.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 02:57
4. Re: Curry village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 20:02
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curry village

What does that mean, JackRabbit? I'm spending one night in a CV tent cabin next month. Come on, spill it.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curry village

We've stayed at the tent cabins at Curry. We knew what to expect. Sounds like JackRabbit did not. Caveat emptor.

LA
Level Contributor
10,043 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Curry village

I think the photos on the website and reviews of Curry Village are pretty accurate. If you look at the plot map of Curry Village, it's apparent how close together the tent cabins are, unlike WW or TM.

It sounds perfect for what OP wants to do. Tented cabins are such a step up from camping, especially with three kids. Suggesting they camp instead seems a bit rude.

I'd like to have CJR further explain her comment.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Curry village

FWIW this video shows the drive into Yosemite Valley and then one of the cabins (not a tent cabin though) at Curry Village (skip to around the six minute mark if you don't want to watch the drive in):

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Edited: 29 May 2014, 15:18
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Curry village

We're spending 2 days at WW, one at Wawona, and one at CV. I know what to expect, but Jackrabbit freaked me out. I wish he would explain what that comment meant.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Curry village

Freaked out by a TA post?? Unless it said something along the lines of "We were lucky to escape with our lives before the police and Hazmat crews moved in," I'd take a deep breath and assume JackRabbit didn't like the appearance of the tent cabins, whether or not they had any idea what to expect. Not clear if they even stayed there. Some people like staying there and others do not like the place. If you go to the TA reviews, see the photos and read the reviews, you'll see.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 16:13