We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights, 2 days in Yosemite July 8-11.

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Prairie, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights, 2 days in Yosemite July 8-11.

Hi all,

This is a question regarding the Yosemite portion of our 9 Day trip.

Here's the link to itinerary

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28926-i29-k715518…

Can someone help me out with the Yosemite portion of the trip? What route is best to take from SEKI to Yosemite, I think we're going to pass on mariposa grove since we will have seen plenty of Sequioas in SEKI. We are to be there for 3 nights and 2 days, July 8-11, Tues-Fri and staying at Curry Village the whole 3 days.

What places are must see? Tunnelview, Glacier Point, Sentinel dome, and the Valley seem like must dos. We are both able hikers and are ok with hiking up to 8-9 miles a day.

I'm planning to go up to Tuolumne early Friday morning and spend the day there and depart from there to get to SF in the evening time around 7-8pm to ditch the rental at SFO and hang out in SF for the weekend. Thanks!

Edited: 19 June 2014, 06:32
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,042 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights, 2 days in Yosemite July 8-11.

Hi

You get to pick your own must see or must do activities.

You'll enter Yosemite's South Entrance. Simple map of SEKI & Yosemite: nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/upload/region.pdf Stop in Oakhurst at Vons or Raley's if you need more snacks, bottled water, picnic foods etc. Remember that you'll keep everything in a bear locker near your Curry Village accommodation.

If you want to visit anything in Wawona, this is the time to do it. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c196037

Tunnel View can be "worth" stopping more than once. It's a quick stop if you're just taking a few more photos.

Some folks pay for the bus to Glacier Point and hike down the Panorama Trail. This will allow you to see Illilouette Fall, Nevada Fall, and Vernal Fall.

Yosemite Falls will be Yosemite Wall in July. Mirror Lake is just a wide spot on Tenaya Creek in the spring, so don't go there expecting a big lake. Some folks rent bikes in the summer. Some hike/walk the Valley Loop Trail to get away from crowds. Some get out early in the AM or late in the afternoon. Swimming in the Merced River mid-day may appeal to you.

The Taft Point - Pohono Trail - Sentinel Dome loop (about 4 miles) is nice, but you need to drive yourselves to get there (can't stop on the bus ride up to Glacier Point.)

As I mentioned before, Tuolumne Meadows will be a cooler option with lots of hikes. Maybe Middle to Upper Gaylor Lakes? Some of the Lyell Canyon Trail? Some of the Glen Aulin Trail?

This hiking website www.YosemiteHikes.com along with the info on the Yosemite NPS page may help. And definitely read the relevant Trip Reports in the Top Questions and the longer itineraries in the Trip Ideas on the right.

2. Re: 3 nights, 2 days in Yosemite July 8-11.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:16