We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

Hi all

We are visiting California next June and spending a few days at Yosemite and in that area. I am looking for a cottage to rent. It will be for two people but I dont care if it has lots of bedrooms and costs more. Our main priority is that it has a deck area with barbecue and particulalrly a hot tub, and obviously needs to be within an hour or so of Yosemite.

Earlier this year we rented a cottage (Bliss Cottage) near Algonquin State park during a visit to Canada and this was perfect - sports room with football table, huge tv, bbq, hot tub, large deck, cathedral ceilings, and loft bedroom - all on a beautiful lake.

If anyone can recommend anything I would be gratful. Thanks

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

I would try the Redwoods cottages in Wawona located inside yosemite. They have 3 catagories of cabins. Look at their premium cabins. I saw one (41A) that has a hot tub. Each is privately owned, thus vary, but if you keep to the premium cabins, you will be fine. No views except forest views, some may have river views. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the valley and about 20 to get to mariposa grove.

Muffy

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

I'm about to finalize a house for the 1st week of June. Take a look at www.vrbo.com & you'll find plenty of choices boyh in and around the park. It's getting a little late for in the park. If you haven,t finalized anything yet, check this site out. I've used this site for my past 8 trips. Never had a problem. North America, Hawaii, Mexico, & the Carribbean. Have a great trip.

Yosemite / Sierra...
Level Contributor
560 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

You might try www.indianpeakranch.com. It is off the beaten path and pretty remote, but I have stayed there and it is fabulous! It has both a small pool and a hot tub, and as I remember, it has a BBQ. And the views are unbelievable.

If they are already booked you might try www.VRBO.com and see what you can find. I have found many nice places to stay using this as a starting point.

Enjoy your trip!

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

On Highway 120 East of Yosemite is Pine Mountain Lake, a gated community with many vacation rental properties, some lake front.

www.groveland.org can provide you links the vacation rental management companies. This one is one of the best online resources for Pine Mountain Lake: http://www.yosemitegoldvacations.com where you can sort by location (lake front, golf course...) number of rooms and amenities.

Have a great holiday!

Yosemite National...
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

Check out www.4yosemite.com They offer cabins and homes inside the park and many are only 10 min from Yosemite Valley.

6. Re: Yosemite - looking for luxury private cottage rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 07:16