We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oustanding little city

Which Springdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Oustanding little city

We stayed in the driftwood inn in springdale and had a wonderful time at one of the most beautiful places on earth. Very nice dining choices, hotels are not top dollar, but they are outstanding when you consider they are dropped smack dab in the middle of outstanding views. It's about 2 hours to page, az, 2 hours to vegas should you have the urge, and 4 and a half hours to south rim grand canyon, closer if the north rim is open but it wasn't while we were there.

I've always travelled on the east coast, mid america, south, etc., needless to say, this was so entirely different. My wife and I were tired from overstimulation, lol. Every corner you turn there is some kind of different amazing new type of scenery to enjoy in this neck of the country. I highly suggest coming to this area and using springdale as your home base.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oustanding little city

Btw, I had this concern before I came here. The driving distances to different parks can intimidate you from scheduling stops, but I promise you, 5 hours drives here past quickly because of the constant beauty along the way. Only boring part I experienced at all was about 30 miles between kanab and page where it gets a little flat, but even then there are buttes in the distance.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oustanding little city

R-Mike,

Did you have a chance to go anywhere north of Zion, like Rt. 89 toward Bryce, 14 or 143 around Cedar Breaks/Panguitch, or Hwy 12 up to Torrey? They are all awesome as well.

I'm assuming you did take 9 from Springdale through the park and out the east entrance toward 89 since you mentioned Kanab and Page...after that stretch of scenery, you kind of need the Kanab to Page stretch just to collect yourself.

Being in flat Houston (myself), I'd have to say it definitely beats the heck out of Texas! I'll be there in July, and you're just teasing me...

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oustanding little city

A little bit of a delayed answer here chief, lol. Yes we went down 9 from the east. Spent 2 days and Bryce and went down to the grand canyon for a night, then spent the rest of the time in springdale. Wish I could go back, now I envy you for going in July. Have fun!

4. Re: Oustanding little city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 16:19