We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horses in Zion National Park

Which Springdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin...
4 posts
Save Topic
Horses in Zion National Park

Can anyone recommend a good place to go on a guided horse back tour in or near Zion National Park?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

The horseride inside ZionNatl Park is ok, but if you are headed to Bryce that one is better.It goes down into the canyon. www.canyonrides.com

I have heard of another place in Virgin just outside the park, that is not nose to tail riding called Jacobs Ranch. www.ziontrailrides.com

Franklin...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

I have heard Bryce is better for horseback riding but I think I have decided to spend a day or two at Lake Powell instead of going to Bryce. We are also going to Sedona, Grand Canyon, and Zion. Any other suggestions for trip? I've never been out there before.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

Lake Powell is great. If you like to boat or get on the lake, you can rent a boat for a day, or take a lake tour. You can do the smoothwater raft trip from the dam to Lees Ferry. www.raftthecanyon.com

Be sure to visit Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and maybe tour the dam.

I assume you are going to GC south rim. There is another way to Page from Zion via 89 alt that has stops at Lees Ferry and Navajo Bridge.If you take the raft trip you will go right by those on the way back to town.

Edited: 14 June 2011, 23:14
Franklin...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

I have two teenage boys and was also considering ATV's in Coral Sand Dunes Park. Do you suggest this?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

Coral Pink dunes is a great place to ride,I've ridden there many times,but there are no rental places set up right there.You need to contact an outfitter in Hurricane,Kanab or maybe St George.Age restrictions may be an issue also.The kids(depending on age) may be able to be a passenger but not drive.Another cool place to ride is Sand Hollow, several outfitters go there.

This is one company that I have heard of , a google search will reveal more.

www.mildtowildrhinotours.com

Pleasant Hill...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

Jacob's Ranch is great - just went their Aug 2011. Great wranglers, great horses, good for experienced and less experienced riders. Beautiful trails, including both a river walk and climbing in the beautiful Zion countryside. Definitely the best ride my family and I have been on. Not nose to tail at all.

Edited: 29 August 2011, 04:59
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

Thanks for the report back.Try to write a review if you have some time.

8. Re: Horses in Zion National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 23:20