We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

Southeast Louisiana
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

Hi

My husband and I will be traveling April7-13 to Springdale in order to experience as much of Zion and surrounding areas as possible. We will have my 13 year old son and 15 year old nephew. We like adventure although we are not the most athletic. We plan to do hiking & canyoneering for sure. Would like some advice on best places to hike without guides and also if anyone knows if there is SANDBOARDING/DUNE BUGGY rides in the Pink Dunes? We did sandboarding on a dune buggy ride in Peru & it was a BLAST! I haven't been able to find out info on this. Also, any other ideas? MUST see areas so I can plan accordingly? I wanted to see Escalante but have been told too far from our where we are staying in Springdale......

Thanks for any advice!

Edited: 30 January 2012, 17:22
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,505 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

Any of the hikes inside Zion can be done without a guide. Guiding inside the park is very limited to a few trails anyway.

I think there are a few ATV tours at Coral Pink dunes. You will also find several at Sand Hollow over near Hurricane.Fun riding over there too.As for a dune buggy ride, if you are looking for a ride in a V-8 long travel sandrail, I doubt you will find it. Most tours are on quad ATV's or Side by Side Rhinos or similar vehicles.

Here is one example.

www.mildtowildrhinotours.com

Sandboarding is fun, I keep a board in my dirt bike trailer.You never know when you may need it!

The dunes at Coral Pink are not all that tall, so the rides will be pretty short.The taller dunes of California or Nevada offer longer rides.

There is a zip line over near Hurricane, and one in Glendale between Zion and Bryce.

Southeast Louisiana
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

Ziplining?!!! EXCELLANT!!! We try to zipline wherever we go. I didn't even think to look for ziplining here.

Thanks!!!

Southeast Louisiana
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

Sorry to bug you again but do you know of any place that does the Sandboarding excursions or none to be had in this area? We will be driving to Las Vegas the last day so if there is a place in between Springdale and Las Vegas that would be great!

Thanks Again

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

Here's a website that explains a lot of detail on a lot of hikes. There's also some beautiful photos.

http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,505 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

Just a quick on line seach turned up one place that does it.

They go to Dumont Dunes in California. That is outside Baker on the road to Death Valley.Fun place to ride by the way.

thrillseekersunlimited.com/vsandsurfing.html

6. Re: Adventure Excursions-Zion in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:22