We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free Dining Options?

Which Springdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free Dining Options?

I'm visiting Springdale and Zion in May 2012 and I am on a budget. I am unable to eat wheat gluten for medical reasons (celiac disease). I've searched for somewhere I can eat safely and so far I can't find anything. I'm staying at the Desert Pearl so that I can have a fridge and microwave to cook most of my meals. However, it would be lovely if there was somewhere in town I could eat safely. I've looked at menus and will call each place before I go, but I was hoping someone could advise me of somewhere safe to eat. Thank you!

New England
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free Dining Options?

Have you looked at the menu at Oscar's?

www.cafeoscars.com/menu.html#veggie

They are very accommodating there. Easy walk from the Desert Pearl.

Pecos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
361 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free Dining Options?

The supermarket in town Sol Foods has a great gluten free selection. It is just a few doors away from the Desert Pearl.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free Dining Options?

Agree with the 2 previous recommendations. And I would think that any of the moderate restaurants there (Spotted Dog is another) would be able to nicely accommodate gluten-free in this day and age. Good luck!

Springdale, UT
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free Dining Options?

I know all of the restaurants in town very well and while many of them offer vegetarian I would be very skeptical about any of them being totally gluten free. Cafe Soleil, Spotted Dog Cafe, Oscars, Thai Sapa, and Parallel 88 will be your best options for vegetarian. If you are coming up from I-15 via Las Vegas I would recommend stopping at the natural grocer in Washington, Utah via exit #10 and located just down from Best Buy next to Kohls. Hope that helps!

5. Re: Gluten Free Dining Options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:43