We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with weather

Rochester
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help with weather

I was thinking of going to heritage awali golf and spa in bel Ombre, the last week of September and first week of October,but have just read on a website that it can be overcast and windy with not much sun.It also said that it was far nicer on the west side of the island.Don't know what to do now,as had heart set on this hotel.

uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with weather

I am also wanting advise on weather in Sept anyone been at that time of year.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,157 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with weather

Hi

September is a good time go to Mauritius, it's one of the driest months with warm/hot sunshine and low humidity.

Check out the Weather website

www.world-weather-travellers-guide.com

Click on Mauritius on the left hand side for a month by month account of weather trends. Mauritius is a tropical island, rain can occur at any time, so sorry no guarantees but I've always had good weather in September and come home with a suntan..

Best wishes

Mazza :-)

India
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help with weather

We are traveling in June end which I know is winter season. But being a tropical island, would it still be to cold to get into the water and participate in water based activities (like snorkeling)?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with weather

I have been snorkelling in July and did not find it a problem with the sea temperatures and the weather in general.

The southern & eastern part of Mauritius tends to be slightly windier and colder.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,157 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with weather

We often go in June, going again this year and we swim, snorkel and water-ski without any problems. I note you are from India, therefore you might find it cooler than us from the UK.

cornwall england
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with weather

Can any one tell me about taking presciption painkiller drugs into Mauritius Looked at 1 website says not allowed but I need them will a cover note from doctor cover me

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,995 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with weather

Anything with codeine is banned as it is in many countries. What medication are you taking?

Bronia :)

8. Re: help with weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre