We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heritage awali

North Wales
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
heritage awali

morning everyone, anyone out there know if heritage awali have hotels up north of mauritius?

cheers

regards

Babs

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,040 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heritage awali

No Only Veranda have hotels up north and they are not 5* either. But same group.

www.veranda-resorts.com

Bronia

North Wales
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heritage awali

hi Bronia, just a thought if awali had hotels up north because we just Love the sound of this hotel as long as that if we wanted to get away frm hoitel mode for a while, I doubt but jus incase you never know, We are almost booking this hotel for Jan 28 for 2 weeks maybe just have a few hours mre to think about it !!!!!

thanx Bronia

Babs

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,040 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heritage awali

Its a great hotel with a great AI Package, just that its at Bel Ombre in the south which is pretty much undeveloped - they just started to develop this area relatively recently so not like the north or west with lots of shops etc.

Only you can make this decision I'm afraid!

Great resort to chill out in with stunning scenery!

Just ask our Poppy!

Cheers,

Bronia :-)

North Wales
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heritage awali

are these places in the west accessible from Awali? we have been to many places in the past with NOTHING around very very tranquil, I guess I'm just that bit apprehensive being the time of year with the rain I guess we would have to be so, so unlucky if it rained for entire 14 days, hmmmmm I'm feeling very swayed it sounds so inviting, thank you all very much very much appreciated, oggg dear where would we be without Trip Advisor !!!!!!

cheerssssssss

babs

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heritage awali

HI,

The nearest large town is Flic n flac, which is around a 45 min drive from Bel Ombre, but there's loads of little villages and national parks around the hotel. I always get a car and drive around, one day waterfalls and chamarel one day head to souillac, but you tend to find most people who go to awali don't leave... which is a shame as Mauritius is a beautiful place to explore.

Casela is around a 45 min drive too - where you can go walking with lions.

The hotel is great very friendly and welcoming - its my favourite part of the island for the natural beauty.

rgds

Poppy

North Wales
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: heritage awali

Heyyy Poppy thank you,Today I took the plunge & booked the Awali for 28 Jan for 2 weeks I doubt it will rain for the whole 2 weeks lol.

What side do they drive? is it expensive to hire car?

What is the currency?

poppy you going to be sorry in offering your help

Sorry girl !!!!!!!!! I'm already excited with 15 weeks to go.

thanx sooooo much

cheers

Babs

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: heritage awali

Ha ha you won't be disappointed! It's a fabulous place!

Currency is Mauritian rupees and they drive on the left!

It won't rain all day every day, it's normally sporadic bursts and mostly on an evening!

North Wales
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: heritage awali

Poppy, Do you know if we will be able to snorkel off the beach @ awali?

not that we are very strong snorkelers but we like to take a look at the ocean life

Regards

"B"

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: heritage awali

Hi,

I always snorkel off the beach, sometimes the tide can be strong and you end up drifting a little, but i always do it.

st albans, herts, uk
Level Contributor
122 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: heritage awali

Hi there , would appreciate your advice.

Have been to belle mare plage 5 times and really like it, although this year I would like to try somewhere else ( at least as nice). Going in August although last time , august 2010, didn't have the best weather

My wife and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary and with our two boys ( 4and 1 yr old) want a lovely hotel, renew our vows etc. Good for kids etc

Looking at shandrani and heritage a wali - are these as nice as belle mare plage? Which is better?

Many thanks in advance

Jon

Really would like some advice

Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre