We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamassa

Which Bel Ombre hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Skelmersdale...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tamassa

We are booked to go to Tamassa end April this year. I keep track of all reviews, but am getting increasingly worried about there being more and more just weekend guests staying there for large parties - is this common in Mauritius at all hotels or is it just something Tamassa seem to promote. Should I be worried and change hotels or do you think I am worrying unnecessarily. I wouldn't like to go as a couple and then there be loads of kids and partying going on. Tamassa looks and seems a lovely hotel but I think this may be putting a few people off. Thanks in advance :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,521 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamassa

Just checked reviews Karen - yes some partying guests December and January but it was Christmas and New Year?

The hotels here offer reduced rates to residents here certain times of year as well as catering for Christmas works dos and events.

They have as much right as you do to book into any hotel here.

I 'm British but live in the UK and Mauritius and am pleased I can take advantage of the residents rate if I so wish - but its not really that cheap either for residents.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamassa

Hi Karen

I am currently staying at Tamassa. The vast majority of guests are all couples, ranging from young honeymooners right up to couples in there 60's and many in between like myself and husband.

I would have no concern whatsoever, there are many peaceful spots all over the hotel.

Enjoy.

Kay

Skelmersdale...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamassa

Thanks Kay - Tamassa looks a really nice hotel and I can't wait to go now my mind is at ease. I really didn't mean to sound dismissive but I just didn't want to spend all that money and be disappointed to think we might have chosen the wrong type of hotel for us as a 50+ couple. Have a wonderful time out there, we are very jealous. Thanks again - K

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,047 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamassa

Don't worry Karen, as Kay has confirmed no parties. I think you would be hard pressed to find that kind of hotel in Mauritius. Have a lovely holiday.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamassa

When we visited Sep 2012 it was the kind of place if you liked peace and quiet. There are two bars, so if something is going on at the main bar you can move to the smaller quieter beach bar. Saying that there was never anything crazy at the main bar. Tamassa has a disco (we never found it) so any noise is isolated. Our room backed onto the main bar. Music stopped at midnight and could only be heard if we had the toilet door open.

At the weekend locals did come for lunch, it was a little busier, but definitely not a problem, The pools were virtually empty and the restaurants were never full (although we do like to eat early).

I have read some refer to the main restaurant being a little canteen like. You can avoid this by arriving early for your evening meal to secure outside seating.

6. Re: Tamassa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre