We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

califonia
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

Hello,

I was curious if anyone could recommend a place to stay in Vang Vieng for my husband and myself that is relatively easily accessible to the main town and goings on, yet a bit removed from the party-ers. Is there such a place? We are fine with noise, but are more interested in the natural beauty of the place and other activities aside from the drinking and drugs that draw so many. We are on a budget, and would like to pay much less if possible, but depending on the quality of the accommodation would be willing to spend up to $40-$50. How necessary is it to book in advance here? We would be staying the night of Dec 22, arriving on the earliest bus from Vientiane.

Thanks!

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

Either the Vansana Hotel - my choice, or the Thavonsouk Bungalows. Both are on the river, have nice views and are removed from the rabble element.

califonia
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

Thank you, Rufuscat.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

The Thavisouk bungalows are right on the river and are 10 minutes easy stroll from the main town area. They have AC and private decks overlooking the river and mountains for about $25 peak season (now), $15 off peak. I've stayed there about 20 times now and have never been dissappointed.

Phone 023511340

They also have a new 4 storey hotel that has elevated views of the scenery, just behind the bungalows for $35

http://www.thavisouk-hotel.com/

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
134 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

I loved the Thavisouk. I could spend the whole holiday there just watching the the river diorama. Restaurant was also good.

Edited: 15 December 2010, 16:05
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

The best choice: Villa Nam Song - traditional colonial style architecture and decoration, surrounded by a lush tropical garden.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
78 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

Elephant Crossing has a wonderful view and the price is between $40 and $50 per night.

7. Re: Place to stay in Vang Vieng-1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 18:19