We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shall I skip Vang Vieng?

Which Vang Vieng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Shall I skip Vang Vieng?

I've got 8 days for Laos. Flying into Vientiane from Bangkok, then I was thinking Vang Vieng and then Luang Prabang. But I'm not sure if I should go to Vang Vieng. I understand the "tubing" is all about drinking, and I don't drink alcohol. Will I still enjoy myself there? I'm also travelling solo. Or shall I just head straight to LP from Vientiane? I realise this bus ride will be loooong so may be just stopping ovet at Vang Vieng for one night?

Any recommendations please? Thanks a lot!

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shall I skip Vang Vieng?

Have you read any of the other posts on this site regarding Vang Vieng? Did you bother to read the first post in the list before you posted this? This question gets asked every day now it seems.

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shall I skip Vang Vieng?

Hi,

If you have only 8 days in Laos, I wil split my time between Vientiane and Luang Prabang.

On the way, you can have a stop in Vang Vieng (please read this topic from yesterday, and you will see the answer to your question).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g612363-i13873-k48…

Enjoy

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,080 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shall I skip Vang Vieng?

Just do 2 days Vientiane, 2 days Vang Vieng and 4 days Luang Prabang. It is easy to avoid drunken idiots in Vang Vieng (as it is anywhere in any part of the world) and absorb some amazing scenery.

As Rufus said, do a search on the forums for a LOT of posts regarding this matter in further detail, it is a very common query.

4. Re: Shall I skip Vang Vieng?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 04:19