We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! what should I do?

Which Vang Vieng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
K D
Tokyo
2 posts
Save Topic
Help! what should I do?

I will be traveling to Bangkok on March 1st and planing to stay until the evening of the 3rd then take the overnight train to Loas to get to Vang Vieng. The thing is that I need to be back in Bangkok on the morning of the 7th. I know i wont reach VV until the afternoon of the fourth, but im not sure how i should get back. I have been looking at flights leaving the morning of the 7th, but Im not sure what time the last buses to Vientiane from VV are. Does anyone have any info or maybe advice. Should I fly back to Bangkok or take the overnight train back. I just really wanted to try to spend a little more than one full day in VV.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! what should I do?

You could fly back to BKK morning of the 7th, or fly/train evening on the 6th.

To maximise your time in VV, and want to return to Vientiane evening of the 6th, you can get a songthaew any time up until early evening back to Vientiane. These run every 20-30 minutes or so and are usually faster than the buses, although not as comfortable of course, unless you get the front seat.

The last VIP tourist bus leaves VV 1pm.

There are many other buses coming down from the north that will stop in VV to pick up/drop off if you wait at the bus station just south of town. Also if you wait here you can often get a ride in an empty aircon minibus that is returning from dropping tour groups in LP.

So - you can definitiely get back from VV late afternoon but there is no schedule as such.

2. Re: Help! what should I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 10:22