We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the bars on the river really closed?

Which Vang Vieng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Lauderdale
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are the bars on the river really closed?

News reports say that authorities have closed 7 of the bars along the river in order to clean up the town. What's the current atmosphere? Thx.

Melbourne
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Are the bars on the river really closed?

Hey nicole w - me and my friends will be there fir new years but with all we have been reading we are scared it will be a ghost town !!!

Can anyone provide a status in the bar/tubing situation???

Thx

Melbourne
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Are the bars on the river really closed?

Hey nicole w - me and my friends will be there fir new years but with all we have been reading we are scared it will be a ghost town !!!

Can anyone provide a status in the bar/tubing situation???

Thx

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Are the bars on the river really closed?

How many "statuses" do you want? There have been at least 5 over the past few weeks.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 00:33
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Are the bars on the river really closed?

If this is already sais I apologize but there are too many posts to read. I was in Vang Vieng 4 weeks ago and the bars along the river were all closed. Tubing was still happening and you are welcome to bring your own alcohol if you so choose.

I was told that some of the bars will reopen eventually but that the swings, slides, etc.... are no more. Also there will be no more happy shakes or whiskey buckets. They intend to limited the excessive drinking and the dangerous activities. This is what I was told by a local restaurant owner.

Hope this waa reduntant. Peace.

nyc
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Are the bars on the river really closed?

You ppl are lame!

If your not responsible for yourself when drinking its your own damn fault.

Very disappointing that this has been shut down.

As always, It's the few that ruin it for the many!

46. Re: Are the bars on the river really closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 05:15