We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

Which Vang Vieng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

Hi all! I know this is a total long shot, but...

I lost my camera in the LAST BAR tubing on Friday 24th May 2013 (it was the day before Rocket Festival).

I was playing drinking games with a lot of other people and it was being passed around as the communal camera. Anyway suddenly we realised it was almost 6pm and so everyone left in a hurry. I then realised I didn't have my camera

I can't remember the names of the people I was with to Facebook them.

I think one of them was a blonde girl from Cambridge, her friend had curly hair, there was also a loud American guy :) and we all played "Garry-ball" together on the grass

My name is Lauren Marie peters from Bedford, UK. I was the brunette girl in the green beerlao top with matching headband and I was with the Irish couple, girl from brazil and Canadian boys (if that helps you remember our group)

A long shot I know, but as any traveller who's lost their camera knows, it's one of THE most frustrating things that can happen to you

REWARD and good travel Karma to anyone who finds it :) :)

Lauren xxx

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

Good luck Lauren, I think your right about it being a long shot, but if it helps I'll keep my eye out of a load American guy the next time we're in Vang Vieng.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

Thank you so much :)

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

Lauren, you would know! you mention partying at the Last Bar, can you tell me,

1 # how many of the bars along the river are open now?

2# did you make the rocket festival?

It's sounds like so much fun, we'll be there next March.

ps: that bit above should have read, for a loud American guy and not load.

Good luck with your search for the missing camera, Laurenmariepeters, you just never know.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

I made it for rocket festival and it was really exciting :) I would definitely recommend it.

There were 3 bars open when I did tubing but that was more than most people had. I think because the rocket festival made town busy

:)

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

Thanks Lauren

Vang Vieng Rocket Festival = May 25th

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,779 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

Sorry to hear about your camera Lauren.

A great hint I heard of recently - write your name, home address & contact details and photograph as the first shot on every SD card - never delete these. This way anyone who finds your camera has the opportunity to get in contact and return it.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

TheMoore, this is a great advise. It gives you at least a little chances to get the camera back if you are lucky enough that a honest soul finds it

8. Re: Lost Sony camera while Tubing in vang Vieng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 06:17