We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air balloon in VV

Malaysia
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hot air balloon in VV

Hi all,

Did anyone have a ride on the hot air balloon lately in VV ? Mind to share the experience, especially the safety features and the cost involved as well. I will be heading over to VV next week, would love to try it if its worth doing. TQ

CJ

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot air balloon in VV

I didn't see them operating last time I was there earlier in the year, but last year they were charging USD60 per person for a ride. The balloons are fairly "well used" and have lots of patches on them, and I did see one of the two they have land in the river at dawn after a false start in Dec '11 but no one was hurt.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot air balloon in VV

Oh wow, the balloons are under poor maintenance I suppose, and that does sound very risky !!! thanks for the heads up...would give it a miss then. TQ

Cheers!

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot air balloon in VV

The balloons are in fine condition - I've been here since almost a year ago and there hasn't been any accidents. False starts do happen though but you won't get hurt. Of course there is a risk like with anything but if you do want to do hot air ballooning, Vang Vieng is probably one of the best places to do it and especially cheaper than most other countries. I also know that the pilots are also all very highly trained and often brought in from other countries.

It costs about 80USD at the moment - if you'd want to do it and need more information let me know and I can help you out. Cheers

4. Re: Hot air balloon in VV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:20