We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update about tubing

Quebec City, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Update about tubing

Hi,

Even if there are lot of post about tubing in VV, I would like to know if anyone is in there now or have been recently.

If yes these are my questions:

Do you think it can be a good place for solo traveler, for meeting people etc..

Is it still a party place or more of a family destination?

Thanks

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,376 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update about tubing

You can tube. You can meet people. It is just not as hedonistic as before; I suggest you read the previous posts.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update about tubing

We tubed last month. We just stopped at a small non party like bar beyond the main stops so we could have a quiet beer. When we kayaked the day before, we stopped at the first tubing stop. Very much a party place, with free shots available. I would suspect that many of those that stop here aren't capable of tubing any further down the river, So yes you can meet people ( and party), but equally it is a fun family activity.

I would recommend the kayaking as well, good value as it includes a guide.It costs the same whichever distance you chose to set off from and is bookable at most, if not all, the travel shops in VV.

Quebec City, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Update about tubing

Thanks for the reply!

4. Re: Update about tubing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Vang Vieng