We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Vancouver
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Understand that the new Superior Rooms were to be completed by the end of October 2012. Has anybody had any reports on these. How far from beach? Noise from the road?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

I too was interested in the Superior rooms and I emailed the hotel. They have advised that the room facilities are exactly the same as their Sea View and Garden View rooms with the exception of a shower only (no bath). I am not sure of the location of the superior rooms. If you wish to have more information you could email reservation@thandebeachhotelmyanmar.com. They replied within a day or two. Regards.

Tuscany, Italy
Level Contributor
170 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Hi, we stayed in a deluxe garden view room no 3007 last month for 9 nights and we just loved it. It was kind of bungalow,we were upstairs, wonderful balcony,2 sundbeds, and we saw the sea and sunset from there. Of course it depends on the prize difference now between superior and deluxe room.

As far as we can judge the superior rooms must be nice and modern.The road is not a problem, very little traffic. If the difference in prize is not very big, go for the deluxe room, I would not take the 1st row, as people walking in front of your bungalow. We loved Thande beach hotel, the beach is great, wonderful staff, if you have any more question just pm

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Hi Rita-Nina

Thanks so much for your post. It seems like an ideal place to stay. The difference in price is around $50 per night so will have to see what my budget is like.

Regards.

Barrington, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

I stayed just last week with a friend at the Thande Beach. She had superior room and I had a deluxe garden view. My room was ore expensive and larger with a bath and shower and a great front porch with two lounge chairs. Her room was very nice but much smaller, no noise, and a small outdoor area facing the opposite building. The entire facility is very professional, helpful, clean and well located. I found it a very pleasant place to stay and either room depending on your budget is good.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Hi ejandr1.

Thanks for your post, I have read very many good reviews about the garden view rooms and I am tending to sway towards booking one of these. It seems like you have had a wonderful holiday and thanks again for writing.

Regards. Helen

Edited: 24 March 2013, 11:17
London, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Artdeco2 (see you are from Horsham - I am also but now live in London!) - did you stay in the Superior room? My boyfriend and I have just booked it via agoda but wondered if it is really worth the money for a deluxe - its a £30 mark up per night from the Superior?

How much time did you spend in the room? I'm not sure we will spend that much - unless there is really nothing to do, I imagine we will be beaching or at restaurants and bars and just sleep. As long as it is clean and not noisy or too overlooked then I don't mind.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

We were offered and took a upper floor Garden view room and were delighted with it. We did not see the Superior rooms but their balconies were smaller, however, having said that, the hotel had lots of loungers on the beach offering both shade and sun. The superior rooms are closer to the road but I don't think that there is a lot of traffic at night, although, of course, there is continuing new developments along the road. My advice would be to take the Garden View rooms for a bit of luxury but if it is only a bed that you want the Superior will be fine.

The Sea View rooms were the most expensive but the broadwalk runs past them and so have less privacy.

P.S. one restaurant on the beach that we liked - The Green Umbrella. Go down to beach at the hotel and turn right. It is about 100 metres further along and you can spot the green umbrellas

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
68 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Hello all,

Thanks for this helpful information. Just wondering how you all booked? Seems possible through a site called AGODA...? But looks like only a few rooms left for December 2014 already and not a lot of other options in Ngapali.. Does that sound right or should I be going through an agent for Ngapali?

Thanks for any info!

RB

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,971 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

NP has not got enough accommodation to meet demand,hence the prices and lack of availability. Try booking direct

http://www.thandebeachhotelmyanmar.com/

or through one of the many Agents recommended here on TA

SS

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
68 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thande Beach hotel - new Superior Rooms

Thank you SS.

I will have a look at link and agents.

Thanks again,