We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ngapali beach in June

Which Ngapali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Ngapali beach in June

Hi

Have recently started reading up on the Myanmar forums and thinking about a trip next June(2014)

I'm a wheat and sheep farmer and get a three week holiday window in June as soon as we are finished sowing our crops.

Wold love to explore Myanmar, experience some farming if possible, but would really love to finish the trip with 4 or 5 days at the beach before heading home. Am I right in thinking things close down in Ngapali in June due to monsoon weather?

Any advice and feedback much appreciated.

Gale

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
810 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ngapali beach in June

Normally, beaches are clossed during the monsoon time from July to early Oct. There are 1 or 2 flights a week only to Ngapali beach while most of the hotels, resort do not offer services.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,556 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ngapali beach in June

AS mg says,NP closes from mid May to October.

A few years ago the fishermen could not go to from late May till mid September due to the severity of the monsoon,the same that can devastate Bangladesh most years.

Current weather is here

accuweather.com/en/…245074

and only Yoma Cherry Lodge is open-mainly for NGO's and you have to wade to it!

SS

Edited: 27 July 2013, 17:56
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ngapali beach in June

Thanks for the feedback SS and mg

We don't mind seeing and experiencing wet weather on holidays. If the place closes down due to weather at that time of year I guess it must be extreme. I looked at the weather link SS, thank you. Rain and thunderstorms expected. Though not ideal beach conditions from a tourist point of view, could a few days still be had enjoying NP? We are not 'normal' beach tourists in the sense we want to spend our days sunbathing at a typical beach resort, as farmers we love the weather variations and have intentionally chosen Sth east Asia previously in the wet season just to experience rain.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ngapali beach in June

Since my most recent post I have done some further research. Am thinking NP in June is off the travel plans.

Thanks again SS and mg

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g612368-i13017-k…

Cheers

5. Re: Ngapali beach in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:19