We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

Northampton, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

In March of 2013, we need to stay in Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines to visit friends. It is a class 4 town, so may not have lodgings, we just don't know. Where are the closest lodgings to Mahaplag? Or are there any in Mahaplag? It will be two of us, husband and wife. We don't mind simple, but we would like it to be clean, lice and cockroach free, and at least have good fans if there is no air conditioning. We are from Canada originally. Thank you!

33 replies to this topic
Northampton, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

I want to thank you for all your good leads!!! Each and every lead was helpful, and we were able to contact the current owner of the hotel/resort. Warm regards!

Langtad, Naga, Cebu
2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

this is a contact no i got recently 09266376957

Jacksonville...
4 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

is there any transportation from Baybay to Mahaplag leyte

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

is there any transportation from Baybay to Mahaplag leyte

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not personally taken that route. However, i know for sure that there is transport from every where to every where else on Leyte. For public transport, It may not be direct but you can get where ever you want to go by bus and/or jeepney and/or V-hire and/or Habal Habal and or tricycle. Don't expect to see a taxi..

I think at the most, this trip would be 2 jeepney rides. Baybay to Hilosig then Hilosig to Mahaplag. There is possibly even a bus that goes via Mahaplag from Baybay heading to Liloan. Liloan is the departure point for the RORO to Surigao City on Mindanao. Although I must add that the last time i passed through Baybay on my way to Liloan, we did not pass through Mahaplag

You could hire a private van to take you.

By the way, why would you be departing from Baybay?

Jacksonville...
4 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

wife taking ferry to baybay from Cebu. is there a better way ????????????

Jacksonville...
4 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

Is there any transportation from Tacloban to Mahaplag??? Then to Polahongon what would be the

estamate price for Jeepney or a private van. thank you

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

Prior to the big typhoon, I would have said yes. There would be regular transport from Tacloban passing by Mahaplag heading south.

As I said, I have never travelled that route. But based on other travel, it would cost about P200 per person in a bus from Tacloban Expect about P3000, one way, in a van. That is for the van, fuel and driver. Not per person.

In regard to Baybay, I was just thinking about the schedule. I can't remember who travels to Baybay but I do remember it wasn't a daily schedule.

If the Baybay schedule doesn't suit, you also have the option of Cokaliong Shipping to Maasin City

http://www.cokaliongshipping.com/

Or there is a whole flotilla of boats travelling between Cebu City and Ormoc City. Including 3 choices of fast ferry, each running multiple times per day.

Jacksonville...
4 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

thank you we are thinking boat ride from Roble Shipping in

cebu to baybay leyte. leave 1000pm everyday. 25hr to Baybay. then get a jeepney to Mahaplag if roads are open tried to call from usa. but phone just says invalid number. number on internet is

+630324191190 main office +630324166256 passage how am I calling phillippines wrong thank you for your help my wife has not found her family yet. red cross is still looking

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

Cut out the zero in the area code

+63 32 4191190 main office +63 32 4166256

As for the trip to Baybay. It will not be 25 hours. It will be more like 5 hours.

2 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines

pwede ko magpa reserve ug ticket?

baybay mahaplag leyte

Reply to: Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Leyte Province
More Leyte Province Topics