We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
23 reviews
Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to use this free shuttle service between Seoul and Gangneung: m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp…

However when in try to sign up at www.ebusnvan.com I can’t verify my mobile (UK number). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this? It’s a nice initiative in light of the very full KTX trains but not very helpful if only available to those with a Korean mobile number.

Any help would be much appreciated.

9 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

having the same problem with my US number

bay area, CA
Level Contributor
161 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

Well, I give up. I begged a friend and got a Korean cell number to use, and it still didn't work. Don't know if it had to do with my using the English version of the website or not. Obviously someone is booking successfully, because of the 3 buses listed going back to Seoul on the 17th, one is already almost completely booked out. I previously tried calling their phone number (on hold x 15 min), and then the Seoul tourism phone number (she tried x 3, couldn't get through), and none of it was successful. I am out of ideas.

Argh!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
3. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

Experienced the same problem with my singapore number. Sent in the feedback last week but didn’t receive any reply

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

So disappointing. I managed to get both a Korean and Chinese number and neither worked. ☹️

Arizona City...
4 posts
5. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

Same here! What is their phone number?

14 posts
6. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

If it's any help, I have booked this Seoul - Pyeongchang - Gangneung shuttle bus for only $5. I'm just not sure if it's a hop on hop off kind of bus or it's like a tour bus where you all go to the same spots together and back in the evening in Seoul. But maybe you can do 2 bookings per way if you want to stay for a couple of days in Pyeongchang? It's only for $5 anyway. The site is: gogogangwon.com/en/bbs/content.php…

I wasn't able to book via credit card but they told me to book the depositless payment and just pay directly at the bus.

Hope it helps.

South Korea
3 posts
7. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

My Korean number works.

If it's still doesn't work, I can ask to the company which made the app

Arizona City...
4 posts
8. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

I was able to live chat with them and they fixed the problem. Apparently, I was the first one to come to them with the problem and they fixed it within hours.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung

May I have the link to the Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung? Would like to go through on 29 Dec 2018. Is it advisable to do a day trip? Kindly advise. Thanks.

Reply to: Free Shuttle Bus Seoul to PyeongChang/Gangneung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted