We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missed the cutoff to buy Korail pass what are my other optio

La Jolla, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Missed the cutoff to buy Korail pass what are my other optio

When I went to purchase my Korail pass the website was down and now it says no longer available.

Is there another way I can purchase a Korail pass from someone who isn't using theirs?

What is the best way to get from Mountain Cluster to Coastal cluster?

Is it realistic to stay in 1 place for 6 days and commute to the two clusters and if so how?

Google maps for that area does not show distances at all so I can't figure out if it's reasonable to do this.

4 replies to this topic
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
579 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missed the cutoff to buy Korail pass what are my other optio

This blog has a lot of information about the sites and travel back and forth. I think one of the commenters even posted the shuttle schedule in English.

snowguidekorea.com/category/pyeongchang-2018/

South Korea
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Missed the cutoff to buy Korail pass what are my other optio

There is free shuttle buses from Seoul to Pyeongchang.

If you want to use that, you have to book in advance at least a day before you leave.

here is the website you can book :)

https://ebusnvan.com/

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missed the cutoff to buy Korail pass what are my other optio

All these buses don't help with morning or evening events.

The buses need to leave Seoul around 5-6am and then leave Gangneung around midnight. The trains are all full. They need more buses!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
330 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missed the cutoff to buy Korail pass what are my other optio

Most of the free Seoul buses now seem to be booked up and as said above the times aren't very convenient for some events.

Personally, I gave up on Seoul, cancelled my accommodation, and booked a room in Sokcho instead. There were still some hostel beds available for a pretty cheap price and there's a free bus from Sokcho to the venues that takes about an hour according to the timetable (plus onward transportation to individual venues). Unlike the Seoul bus, there were plenty of seats and the buses were leaving at convenient times (early in the morning and late at night). Maybe there's some hideous downside to staying in Sokcho that I'm not seeing, but given we're going to events everyday that just seemed a better option.

Reply to: Missed the cutoff to buy Korail pass what are my other optio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted