We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are malaria tabs needed for this area?

Which Marawila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Are malaria tabs needed for this area?

Hi. We will oviously check with our GP but would just like a quick answer if this is the case? Thanks. Also is this area near to the elephant orphanage? Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,652 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are malaria tabs needed for this area?

Hi there,

Neither area. There is a small risk in the Cultural Triangle, 4-5 hours to the east, but that's relevant if you would stay overnight there solely.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Bromley, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are malaria tabs needed for this area?

Hello

I am going in October to Club Palm Bay (CPB) and was concerned re malaria. Went to my GP and the nurse gave me this web site to satisfy myself that we were out of the Malaria Zone:

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/sri-lanka/sri-lanka-malaria-map.aspx

Since CPB is just above Negombo on the coast and it is in the "Low to No Risk" zone. So we are happy that we don't need malaria tabs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Willebee

3. Re: Are malaria tabs needed for this area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Marawila
Recent Conversations