We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Srilankan Airlines

Which Marawila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Srilankan Airlines

Hello

We've now booked inv]cluding flying on Srilankan & some of their reviews are a bit grim

Do you get free drinks (alcoholic) in economy as we have had a few dry flights with asian carriers in the last few years and it might help to blot out the experience!

Seriously is the food & drink any good on board

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Yes, you get free drinks - including alcohol.

Food is airline food, but not bad.

Hans

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Srilankan Airlines

I am a veggie and I liked the food on this airline and yes there was alcohol. We also went on Gulf Air never again this was the worst airline I have ever been on.

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Best long haul i ever had was when i had a bad back and GP gave me a few tablets..hardly remembered flight it was blissful......Have promised myself a flight seat cushion for this year...can anyone recommend one?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
488 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Hi iwsteve1, it's Royal Brunei Air where they don't give alcohol. I came across this yesterday whilst googling. I was going to fly with SriLankan Airlines (as I always like to try something new), but I got spoiled by Emirates on my last trip & I wanted more so I went all out to get my Emirates flight. Let us know how it goes.

Edited: 13 September 2013, 18:40
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Hi duke

Will report back in november

Likewise we like to try different airlines . We looked at Emirates but a 4 hour stopover on the way home put us off a bit.

Whilst we try not to be sunburt drunk brits abroad a few drinks on the plane always makes a long journey better

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Sri Lankan offers much more Alcohol drinks than Emirates. Not only spirit drinks but also wines with meals and brandy after the meals.

Have a good one.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Regarding alcohol there are no differences between SriLankan and Emirates.

Hans

London, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Srilankan Airlines

I've used both Sri Lankan & Emirates. I think Emirates are better overall, but both my Sri Lankan trips were great.

I went to the Maldives with Sri Lankan in 2010 & then to Sri Lanka in spring this year. Both times the food was fine in economy and the drinks flowed.

Llandeilo, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Flying with them a week today - will let you know our experience LHR CMB

HB

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Srilankan Airlines

Yes, It will be common sense to say that no differences between them as they were managed by same management for several years in the past,

But not quite right!

According to my recent experience with Sri Lankan, Wines was flowing very freely during meals and same as brandy after meals,

Near by gentlemen was quite drunk but crew member were still serving his request, which I never saw Emirates going that far.

Get answers to your questions about Marawila
Recent Conversations