We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Noida, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Dear friends,

I am planning a trip to Yala National park with one of my friend in the near future from India. My main aim is for leopard sighting and prefer to stay inside the forest, if possible else I request advises from all ends how should I plan this trip.

Rajeev Srivasatava

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,163 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Hi there,

Not allowed excep the Park bungalows which must be booked months ahead. The 'tented safari camps' are outside the park and overpriced humbug. Cinnamon Wild is closest experience to what you ask but not cheap either.

You need to stay overnight near Yala due to the safari times, transfer time from airport is 7-8 hours at least, hence best to make this a 3-day trip to the least...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Noida, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Thanks dear,

Can you please suggest few good and reliable travel agents.

regards

Rajeev

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,163 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Hi again,

Aitken Spence, Luxe Asia, Red Dot, Tangerine and Walkers is our usual list here.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Noida, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Thanks

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

There are quite a few good tented camp operators in Yala that provide value for money for serious wildlife enthusiasts. Most of them operate at the borders. You may check their reviews too. I have stayed with Mahoora Tented Camp and would like to recommend that. However , kulu safaris is also another reliable safari operator.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,163 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Value for money for a stay costing USD 400/night? Sounds like you're kidding or are misinformed, NO WHERE in Lanka IMHO that's a fair price for really basic stays compared to a good luxury hotel. Yes there's the naturalists etc. extra but adding those separately to e.g. a Cinnamon Wild stay costing USD 150-200/night makes a lot more sense to us...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

7. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 13:04
Kleinkarlbach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Please also consider that Yala safaris are not comparable to any Safaris in Africa. A lot of cars and only a few animals. We went there last week, this was very dissapointing....but very expensive!

Kleinkarlbach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

Please also consider that Yala safaris are not comparable to any Safaris in Africa. A lot of cars and only a few animals. We went there last week, this was very dissapointing....but very expensive!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yala National park, Sri Lanka

We are planning to visit Yala from 7th to 10th July could you please let me know how much rain would we get at this time at Yala

Get answers to your questions about Yala National Park