We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is best footwear for walking tea trails please?

Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
what is best footwear for walking tea trails please?

Do we need substantial footwear for walking tea trails?

Many Thanks

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is best footwear for walking tea trails please?

I would say not. I took walking boots for my first couple of trips to Sri Lanka when we covered Adam's Peak and the Knuckles mountains, amongst other things. I now just have a comfortable pair of walking sandals with good grip and they are fine.

Most walks you will do in or around the hill country and through tea plantations will be along well defined paths anyway. Local people usually use flip flops...!

Sue

Edited: 14 November 2010, 10:57
Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is best footwear for walking tea trails please?

Many thanks Sue! I won't be taking my boots!

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is best footwear for walking tea trails please?

Having walked the trails at Tea Trails, I can confirm what Sue says. We are not talking the foothills of the Himalayas here, these are well marked paths that are firm underfoot. I used a fairly inexpensive pair of low walking boots, with a soft upper and a good grip. I use the same things for any walking in SL, in towns or countryside.

David.

4. Re: what is best footwear for walking tea trails please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 06:52